2011 is truly a very special year for us as we approach our 20th anniversary. CASA of Collin County was chartered on July 9, 1991 and for the past 19 years, we have provided a powerful voice for 6,924 children removed from unsafe homes in our community.
Since 1997, we have served as the guardian ad litem for every foster child under jurisdiction of the Collin County District Courts. What difference has CASA made for the almost 7,000 children we’ve served? Numerous studies show that a child with a CASA spends less time in the foster care system and receives more services than a foster child without a CASA. In addition, these children have a better chance of finding a safe and loving “forever home” and never re-entering the system.
How can you be part of our proud legacy and be a Powerful Voice for an Abused Child?
- Join our spring CASA Volunteer Training Class
- Support our 10th Annual Voice for Children Gala held on February 12, 2011
- Donate generously to CASA of Collin County to ensure every child has a CASA!
- Host a Party with a Purpose or fund raising event to support CASA
- Become a Facebook Fan and sign up to receive our newsletter and then tell everyone you know about CASA!
Help us continue the fight against child abuse and make the world a better place, one child at a time!
Susan B. Etheridge
There are several ways you can help CASA provide a trained volunteer advocate for children in Collin County that find themselves in foster care during the holidays and for the foreseeable future.
- Nathan’s Challenge, our 2010 Annual Campaign, was inspired by a 9 year-old McKinney boy who has raised over $2,000 for CASA throughout 2010. He’s an inspiration to all of us and we hope he inspires you to give during this holiday season. Donate Now.
- Super Bowl Raffle Tickets make great stocking stuffers! For a Once In A Lifetime chance to attend a Super Bowl, you can purchase raffle tickets for an amazing Super Bowl package including tickets, VIP parties and dinners. 1 raffle ticket only $50 or 3 for $100! HURRY! Drawing for winner is January 15!
- Support our 10th Annual Voice for Children Gala held on February 12, 2011! Purchase a ticket ($250) or table ($2,500) now!
- CASA Capital Campaign: Purchase a commemorative brick for our Pathways to Permanency Walkway in honor or memory of a loved one. Bricks available for $250 4″ x 8″ or $1,000 12″ x 12″. Contact Kathy Blank for more information.
- Party with a Purpose: Host your own holiday event and ask your guests to join you in donating to CASA! Contact Sharon Margulieux to get started!
Each day, our staff and volunteers tirelessly commit themselves to the fight against child abuse. We hear shocking stories, see the aftermath of horrific abuse and devote our compassion and efforts to serving these vulnerable children. It is the support of the community that allows us to continue the fight to protect children. One of my favorite visitors to our office is 9 year old, Nathan Bush. Nathan has accomplished more for children than many adults have done. He has sold beautiful, handmade jewelry and has raised $1,545 for CASA since the summer. Nathan told us recently, “I am always going to help kids at CASA!”
That is why our annual appeal is called Nathan’s Challenge. Please join our friends, the Hon. Harry LaRosiliere, 2010 Annual Appeal Chair, and Nathan to help us serve more children and change young lives for the better! You can make a difference, too!