2011 is truly a very special year for us as we approach our 20th anniversary. CASA of Collin County was chartered on July 9, 1991 and for the past 19 years, we have provided a powerful voice for 6,924 children removed from unsafe homes in our community.
Since 1997, we have served as the guardian ad litem for every foster child under jurisdiction of the Collin County District Courts. What difference has CASA made for the almost 7,000 children we’ve served? Numerous studies show that a child with a CASA spends less time in the foster care system and receives more services than a foster child without a CASA. In addition, these children have a better chance of finding a safe and loving “forever home” and never re-entering the system.
How can you be part of our proud legacy and be a Powerful Voice for an Abused Child?
- Join our spring CASA Volunteer Training Class
- Support our 10th Annual Voice for Children Gala held on February 12, 2011
- Donate generously to CASA of Collin County to ensure every child has a CASA!
- Host a Party with a Purpose or fund raising event to support CASA
- Become a Facebook Fan and sign up to receive our newsletter and then tell everyone you know about CASA!
Help us continue the fight against child abuse and make the world a better place, one child at a time!
Susan B. Etheridge